Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Monday, May 24, 2010

If you like pictures of angel food cake...

Then you might enjoy this post.

Last Thursday I volunteered at a bake sale on post for our Family Readiness Group (FRG). I baked brownies and angel food cake. I was pretty unsure if the angel food cake was going to work out because all I had was a loaf pan to bake it in. But with a little luck it came out perfectly!



With a little creativity, I was able to let it cool properly upside down.


 Then there were the brownies. The tasty, gooey, chocolaty brownies... that were for the bake sale. Well, they did need a quality check, so I had just one. Or two. They were delicious! 

Edgar thought he needed to try them out too.

I told him chocolate would make him sick, but I don't think he was buying it.

After the photo shoot of the treats, which you just enjoyed, I headed off to the bake sale.
Here is our group of FRG volunteers

There were lots of goodies.

We also sold hot dogs, chips and sodas


Nicole offered to take pictures for me for a while so I could be in some of them. I was supposed to be acting natural in this picture, but since I knew she was photographing me I couldn't act casual.

It was a lot of fun and all the baking helped fill some of my free time in between spring and summer classes.
That's all for now! Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, are you creative or what!?!?! I never thought of baking an Angel Food cake in a loaf pan. It looks alot more delious than in the angel food cake pan. I will have to give it a try. Did your group make alot of money? and what are the proceeds going to go to? It looks like everyone had a nice time. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom!I believe we made about $200 or so. The money goes towards the informal FRG fund for events and get togethers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips