Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Framed Paper Art

Ever since we moved in, nearly nine months ago, I have been staring at this blank wall in my dining room. I hadn't a clue what to fill it with and was excited when I found four empty frames hiding in storage, although I was torn when it came to filling the frames. My first thought of course was to use pictures, but what was dining room appropriate? I finally settled on doing paper art instead. Since I had never done it before, it sounded like a fun challenge.


First I started off by picking out the paper that I wanted to use, in this case it was fancy scrapbook paper. I chose four different designs and one solid colored paper to tie it all together. Somehow I got it in my head to use owls as my guiding inspiration and searched the internet for silhouettes to trace.


Armed with an exacto knife and my owl pieces, I traced and cut out the two owl silhouettes above and below to create four pieces.


The wall still feels a bit bare, since the scale of the frames is small in relationship to the whole space, but I am working on a few ideas.

All together though, I like how it turned out and am craving more paper art!


 The week before I re-did my entry way space so that there was a place to hang your keys and sit down to take your shoes off. (Sorry, I forgot the before pics, but just envision a mess)


To bring some color to this brown blob of a space, I created the painting. After staring at it for a week, I would have liked to have spent a few more moments on it, but it seems to fit the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips