Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Black Bean Brownies

Feeling adventurous? Then black bean brownies may be for you. I was skeptical when I first found the recipe, but have made them twice now and really enjoy them!

For ingredients, you will need:

15 oz can of black beans
2 whole bananas or 1/4 cup raw sugar (I had to use sugar because my bananas were greeeen!)
1/3 cup agave nectar or honey
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup instant oats

I made a double recipe this time, so you may notice extras of everything.




Drain and rinse the beans. Then add everything except the oats to your blender or food processor (tip: after trying this myself, I think it would be easier to puree the beans by themselves before adding the other ingredients)
Then, add in your oats and mix everything together If you have the little instant servings, one packet is the perfect size!
If you are feeling really adventurous or are just a chocoholic, then add in some mini chocolate chips.
After everything is nice and blended, pour and spread the mixture into your greased baking dish. The original recipe calls for an 8x8, but I used a 9x13 because mine was doubled.
With your oven at 350 degrees, set your timer for 30 minutes and bake away!
While that's in the oven, you can "clean up" your mess. Since there are no eggs in this recipe, feel free to lick the bowl dry.
You can tell your brownies are finished with the toothpick test. If it comes out clean, you are good to go!
Then, simply cool, cut, and enjoy!
Try it, I dare you.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I am game!! They look delicous (I love black beans), I will try them out on the gang here at work on Friday and let you know. Although I am sure they cannot compete with my world famous brownies, but these are definetly more healthy. Love you bunches, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are definitely no match for your brownies, or for any real brownies for that matter, but you are right. They are a tasty and healthy alternative. I think I may try processing the oats next time too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips