Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lamp Painting Contest

Over the past weekend, T-La-Re had a Spring Thing event with 29 straight hours of fun and activities. I was most excited about their lamp painting contest. When I headed over Friday afternoon to pick up my lamp, I was told that they were going to be used in the store as fixtures by hanging them upside down from the ceiling. This meant that my design had to painted on upside down. Extra challenge! Here is the before and after:





Since the event was "Spring Thing" I kept my theme appropriate and painted a tulip garden. I love how it turned out, even though it didn't win. I'll be stopping by T-La-Re to see it when it is up!


Here are a few of the other contestant's lamps...


I had so much fun painting my lamp; now I want to get my hands on more furniture! Dun dun dun.

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting and waiting to see the end result. Of course I do think your's is the best representation of "Spring Fling". Do you get the lamp back? Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips