Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Tale of the Twinkie

This past weekend Manhattan held their annual Country Stampede, which is a four day event full of Country music, beer, camping, and fair food. I was able to get my hands on free tickets for the Thursday and Sunday performances through the military, so I had to go!

We saw Whiskey Myers, Wade Bowen, and Eric Church on Thursday evening in the V.I.P. section. I wasn't too familiar with any of these artists, but they put on a good show. When we first arrived, Jenna and I scoped out the fair food options and got some pizza and sweet potato fries for dinner, with the plan to go back for dessert later. It turned out that we were way too full to eat any fried deliciousness that night, so it was imperative that we returned on Sunday to get a fried twinkie.
 



Eventually Sunday rolled around and it was time to pack up the lawn chairs and head back out. This time we were in the general admission section where you set up your own seating in the hot hot sun. The lineup included Joey & Rory, Collin Raye, and the best performers of the day, Sawyer Brown.
















It was close to 100 degrees that afternoon, but nothing was going to stop me from getting my fried twinkie. And this wasn't just any fried twinkie, this was a "Funny Bone." It was a chocolate twinkie, with peanut butter filling, dipped in chocolate, and then fried. Delicious. Although, after eating it and then sitting in the hot sun for hours on end, I felt a little *bleh.*

Jenna opted for the funnel cake, also a good choice.

The twinkie was good, but next time I see a fried food stand, I am definitely going to try a fried snickers.

Until next year, Country Stampede!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips