Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cicadas

You know it's summer in Kansas when you step outside in the afternoon and are instantly deafened by the buzzing of the cicadas. Some cicadas can produce sounds up to 120 decibels loud, which can be heard over a lawnmower! Plus their exoskeletons are scattered everywhere and stuck to everything in sight.



Not to mention, the animals go crazy when one sneaks in the house late at night.

I've always wanted to catch one coming out of its shell and finally had the opportunity to watch one tonight, although, I will probably pay for it tomorrow morning when I wake up scratching the dozen mosquito bites I gained during the viewing.

Anyways, here are a few images from the cicada's transformation...













I was also startled by an adorable little bunny during the process. He nearly hopped right up to me before realizing I was there.
























And yeah, that's a hose laying in the middle of my yard. So what.

1 comment:

  1. Quite an interesting endeavor. Love the Bunny!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips