Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Hover over the images for the Pin It! button.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tuttle Creek Wildflower Walk

A few months ago I signed up for a wildflower walk through UFM, because I had enjoyed the one at Konza Prairie last summer so much. Although, I had completely forgotten about the whole thing until I received a reminder email about it yesterday.

When I was getting ready to walk out the door earlier this afternoon, I thought to myself, "You have got to be crazy. It is the middle of the day, the sun is blaring, and it is bound to get pretty hot. There aren't going to be any good shots." Because as most of you know, I was not going to learn the names of the wildflowers, I was going to photograph them.

But off I went anyways! It was nice just to get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine a bit. Even though I wasn't able to get the most spectacular images of the flowers, I did document what I saw. I even wrote down their names! Here are the wildflowers currently blooming in the Flint Hills.

.











We even saw some wildlife, so to speak. This is a Collared Lizard, and in total, we saw four of them.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips